#5 - Moore with Devin Show
How to get the best results from your workout ?
- Focus on enjoying the process vs focusing on the end result.
- Be realistic about how long it will take to reach your goal
- Create a plan that works best for your circumstances vs what is best.
- Stay consistent
How do you start with someone with physical limitations due to major injury?
1) How can I develop a growth mindset?
2.Invest in going to conferences
3. Read books
- Any advice on maintaining a growth/fitness mindset?
- The same way you should take a bath daily, its the same thing with maintaining a growth mindset. It takes being consistent
2) Is it good to lift for fat loss?
- Yes it is, Lifting is at the key of changing body composition and metabolic health, Rigorous training many times burns more calories than cardio.
- If there was a choice to lift and eat right, vs eat right and do cardio when it comes to fat loss, Lifting would be much more superior when it comes to fatloss results.
3) How much weight should I use for strength training?
- First focus on mastering really good technique.
- Dont focus on how strong others are, focus on where you are and be patient. Progressively getting stronger while staying healthy is the key.
- Next What is most important is making sure you have strong connective tissue, ligaments, tendons etc.
- Having strong muscles and weak tendons, ligaments and joints is a recipe for disaster.
- Once your body is ready and primed to lift heavy having a program where you are lifting between 1-5 reps for compound movements in a systematic way will be the key to getting stronger if the main focus is strength. You still will need to have higher rep ranges for accessory movements.
Hi Devin, Thank you for holding this excellent informative series of live shows every week.
Will you please talk a little bit about the importance of ‘Eating’ before and or after workouts and what positive and negative impacts it could bring to our body?
- It all depends on your goals and how your body reacts.
- What is most important is whatever your goals are to hit your calorie/macro goals for the day. Ex. 2500 calories per day
- From there getting around 20-30 grams of protein every 3 hours with your meals, will allow for optimal muscle growth.
- When it comes to eating around training to optimize your training, its good to consume a quality meal that is rich in protein and fast digesting carbs about 3 hours before your training session to get the most out of your training as well as about 30 oz of water and a pinch of sodium.
- Water and sodium are very important when it comes to your muscles working at their optimal levels. Being dehydrated reduces performance
- Sodium is both an electrolyte and mineral. It helps keep the water (the amount of fluid inside and outside the body's cells) and electrolyte balance of the body. sodium is also important in how nerves and muscles work.
***ASK ME A QUESTION***
#gymlife #squats #shesquats #glutestraining #squatsonsquats #glutebridge #gsfamilyfaces #core_muscle #nutrition #health #nutritionpodcast #healthpodcast #fitnesspodcast #healthpodcast #weightlosspodcast