58: Health Anxiety with Jaime Hampton53m | Sep 29, 2022
Jaime lives in Southcentral Alaska with her husband, three children, one black lab and two lizards.
She is an award-winning Christian author as well as the content producer and co-host of the Praying Christian Women podcast. You’ll often find her camping with family and friends during the fleeting Alaskan summer, while winters are spent as a full-time hockey mom of three.
Jaime enjoys roasting and drinking coffee, and is attempting to become an expert at latte art (it’s not as easy as it looks!). She enjoys listening to audio books or podcasts while doing housework, but otherwise cannot multi-task to save her life.
Highlights from today’s episode:
- 2:30 Jaime’s current prayer routine
- 5:15 How Jaime prays
- 8:30 What is health anxiety?
- 16:15 How prayer impacted her health anxiety
- 23:20 Where Jaime is at now with her journey
- 29:00 A starting place when anxious about health
- 38:00 The biggest obstacles in Jaime’s prayer life
- 44:00 How Jaime longs to grow in her prayer life
Things mentioned in today’s episode:
Want a journal designed to help you focus in prayer?
Try our monthly format designed to be filled out once at the beginning of the month really intentionally. Then you can pick up daily to pray over several things on your list! Check out our brand new linen journals in the shop now!
Val has a book on prayer!
Go to valmariepaper.com/pray to order Pray Confidently and Consistently, get our no-fail leader’s guide and more!