74: Perseverance with Lisa Whittle28m | Oct 26, 2023
Lisa Whittle is the author of eight books and a sought-after Bible teacher. A pastor's daughter and longtime ministry leader in issues relevant to the church, Lisa is the founder of Ministry Strong and the popular Jesus over Everything podcast, which debuted in the top twenty-five Christian podcasts. Her love runs deep to see people pursue Jesus for life, grow deep roots of faith, and walk strong in the midst of a world that so often seems to have gone crazy. Lisa has done master's work in marriage and family counseling, is the co-founder of Called Creatives, and has been featured on numerous media outlets through the years. She and her family live in North Carolina.
Latest Book: Lisa Whittle pens God Knows, her third and final installment of a trilogy (Jesus Over Everything, The Hard Good), offers readers a path toward rest and calm for anxious times with the book of Nahum as a guide.
Highlights from today's episode:
- 1:43 Lisa's current prayer routine
- 9:44 Info on Lisa's book God Knows
- 15:53 How knowing God's character effects prayers
- 23:50 How Lisa's biggest no turned into the best yes
- 26:35 Ways Lisa longs to grow her prayer life
Things mentioned in today’s episode:
- Jesus Over Everything by Lisa Whittle
- God Knows by Lisa Whittle
- Pray Confidently and Consistently by Valerie Woerner
- The Hard Good by Lisa Whittle
Want a journal designed to help you focus in prayer?
Try our monthly format designed to be filled out once at the beginning of the month really intentionally. Then you can pick up daily to pray over several things on your list! Check out our brand new linen journals in the shop now!
Val has a book on prayer!
Go to valmariepaper.com/pray to order Pray Confidently and Consistently, get our no-fail leader’s guide and more!