#399: The Transparent Truth Behind Balancing Career, Relationships + Motherhood w. Lindsay Arnold Cusick49m | Oct 2, 2023
In this week's episode, Mimi welcomes the talented Lindsay Arnold Cusick, champion dancer, Dancing with the Stars contestant and new mom. Lindsay's life has been a whirlwind of dance, fame, and now the joys of motherhood.
Mimi and Lindsay discuss the challenges of balancing a thriving career with the beautiful chaos of motherhood. Lindsay opens up about the stark reality behind the facade of perfection, acknowledging the daily struggle and the art of "faking it till you make it." They explore how becoming a mom transformed Lindsay's approach to dance and wellness along with the unexpected challenges she faced in this journey, especially in the ever-demanding world of public visibility. Reflecting on her rise to fame, Lindsay shares how her unwavering passion for dance fuelled her journey and success. She reveals the importance of staying true to oneself in the face of changing circumstances, the significance of strong relationships and how crucial it is to listen to your instincts, even when it requires a significant shift in priorities and direction.
- Managing and balancing multiple roles like being a champion dancer, a new mom, and being in the public eye.
- How becoming a mom influenced and changed Lindsay’s approach to dance and wellness and the unexpected challenges faced while balancing motherhood and a high-profile career.
- Managing body image struggles and experiences dealing with comments about appearance in the public eye and the impact of social media on body image.
- Rising to fame quickly in the entertainment industry and the importance of staying grounded, family influence, and not losing oneself in the public eye.
- Keeping the passion alive while transitioning from a passion to a career using self-reflection, identifying strengths and likes, and leaning into personal passions.
- The importance of mindfulness, meditation, and wellness practices in maintaining balance and happiness.
- Overcoming fear, taking risks, and embracing change for personal and professional growth.
- The importance of staying true to oneself and not comparing one's journey to others.
- Lindsay’s creation and goals of "The Movement Club" fitness program and the significance of tailoring workouts for various fitness levels, especially during pregnancy.
- Wellness routines and habits beyond fitness including morning routines, sun exposure, and adaptability in wellness routines.
- Relationship advice and tips on keeping the spark alive and maintaining a strong friendship in marriage.
Try the Superhuman Activations app risk free → USE CODE 'PODCAST' FOR 6-WEEKS FREE
• Hundreds of guided activations powered by neuroscience for every mood + activity
• 85% of users feel a shift after just 5 minutes of listening per day.
Check out my fav Organifi products and get 20% off at Organifi.com/MIMI
Follow Mimi on Instagram here
Follow Mimi on TikTok here
Follow MIMI Podcast on Instagram here
Join us on YouTube here
Website → mimibouchard.com
Can a conversation change your life? It can if you listen to it at the right time. Every week on this podcast, Superhuman founder Mimi Bouchard holds deep, inspiring conversations with some of the most motivating people in the world who share the secrets of their incredible success. Whether they’ve built lucrative businesses, created amazing relationships, improved their health, grown their wealth, or turned their lives around in really big (and even small) ways, you'll hear fresh takeaways that you can put in place to create the life of your dreams and become the very best version of yourself.
New episodes every Monday + Wednesday. Don't forget to share your thoughts by rating and reviewing the show - your feedback helps us create more of the content you love!