S3E12 Mental Health Special 4: Mental Health Hacks - Easy DIY Remedies to improve our Mental Health at Home1h 8m | Oct 18, 2021
Welcome to the very last installment of our 4 part mental health special in conjunction with World Mental Health Day which happened on 10 of October. This week, we discuss our favourite or least favourite Mental Health Hacks - simple home remedies that we can all try at home! Joining us today are our lovely community members, Jaspreet, Sasha, and Abigail.
The theme for this year's World Mental Health Day is 'Mental health in an unequal world'. While the pandemic has affected everyone's mental health and close to one billion people have a mental disorder - the gap between the demand for mental health services and supply remains substantial. Relatively few people around the world have access to quality mental health services.
While we are no experts in mental health care, we thought to share with you some easy and inexpensive ways to feel better. Of course, there is no real substitute for medication or psychotherapy for those who need them, but some of these practices may work for those interested in some quick mood boosters.
Segments in the Episode:
- Segment 1 - Things we've tried but didn't work/like (Closer: Can you relate?)
- Segment 2 - Things we love and have worked for us (Closer: Underrated or Overrated?)
- Segment 3 - Things we want to explore and try in the future (Closer: Do you believe in this?)
Things we discussed during the episode include:
- Exercise and eating well
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Scheduling and habit making
- Cleaning and lighting candles
- Journaling and self-reflection
- Self-help and self-development
- Yoga, talking to someone, taking it slow
- Feng Shui, Astrology, Law of Attraction
Abigail's Highly Recommended Scented Candles:
Bern Candles - https://www.instagram.com/berncandles/